Lol. this is a very late blog post. But I wanted to document my desktop config. Otherwise I forget every single time if somebody asks me.
2021 September, I bought myself a fresh new desktop. I had been using the desktop I got from Sathya since November 2019. It's still a great machine. And works perfectly. But I wanted a better and faster machine. So I got one.
I went to Ankit Infotech at SP Road and bought and configured everything on the spot. Thought of buying all the parts and assembling myself. But didn't have the mental energy to do it. It was an expensive purchase and I just wanted to get it working. So I let the experts handle it. I dont assemble PC that often so have doubts here and there.
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G - It's an APU with graphics memory. So even without a GPU the desktop can play games on a moderate settings. Even my first and last desktop that I built long long time ago was an AMD Athlon machine. Never had any complain with AMD. And I liked the concept of an APU.
- Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS (WI-FI) - M.2 support, BIOS flashback button, WiFi6, 6 USB 3/3.2 ports, USB C port, DisplayPort, and best of all, RGB 😝.
- RAM: 2 x CORSAIR VENGEANCE® LPX 8GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz
- SSD: 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVMe
- PSU: Cooler Master MWE Gold 650 V2 - This PSU is all kinds of cool
- Cabinet: Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 ARGB, with even more RGB!
- GPU: Still using the GTX970 from Sathya.